{{badge.Name}}

N.B.T. Waxed Silamide Skein - Tex 23 - 675 yds. - Army Green

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/StockNumber")}} {{displayVariant.DisplayCode}}
$6.32 - $6.53
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/List")}} $11.00

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Sale")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.PurchasePrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Was")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.WasPrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/List")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.ListPrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{displayVariant.PromotionalText}}

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Options")}}

{{displayVariant.InventoryStatus}} {{format(resource("/Shared/Label/EstimatedArrivalDate"),displayVariant.ShippingEstimate)}} {{format(resource("/Shared/Label/BackOrderedEstimatedArrivalDate"),displayVariant.ShippingEstimate)}} {{format(resource("/Shared/Label/DiscontinuedOutOfStockEstimatedArrivalDate"),displayVariant.ShippingEstimate)}}
{{errorMessage}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/VolumePricingHeader")}}
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Qty")}}
{{volumePrice.Quantity}}+ {{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Each")}}
{{volumePrice.Quantity}}+
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Price")}} ${{volumePrice.Price.Amount | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Save")}}
{{volumePrice.Save | toDisplayFormat}}%

{{format(resource('/ProductPage/Labels/SoldInIncrementOf'),displayVariant.SoldInIncrements)}}

{{format(resource("/ProductPage/Labels/MinimumOrderQuantity"),displayVariant.MinimumOrderQuantity)}}

Threads for finest sewers and designers.

Waxed silamide skeins are used to replace silk thread for hand sewing. It is a soft thread with wax and a little silicone. Tex 23 and Size A. 675 yards per skein. Available in a variety of colors. Please note: actual colors may vary from picture due to computer setting variances.

Features

• Replaces silk thread for hand sewing
  • Soft thread
  • Made with wax and a little silicone
  • Available in a variety of colors
  • Tex 23
  • Size A

Product Specifications

Brand: NBT
Units: Each
Size / Dimension: 675 yds
Material: Polyamide
Is there a technique for unraveling the thread from the cardboard packaging without getting it tangled?
NANCY V.
Posting As
Please Note: Your answer will be displayed upon approval.
A:
Yes, you break off the end of the cardboard envelope which will expose the thread loop. Take a pair of scissors and simply cut the loop of thread. Then you can pull each stand out individually.
Joseph D.
  • logologo Staff
Would this be a suitable substitute for the tire/clover brand silk thread used in couture sewing for basting stitch lines? It would need to be thin & slippery enough to be removed after the seam is sewn w/ the machine.
LAUREN S.
Posting As
A:
Yes, that would be a very good application for this type of thread.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
I like to use shell and mother of pearl buttons, and the holes have sharp edges that saw through my thread. Is silamide a good button thread?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Yes, and it tends to be more abrasion resistant.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
How do you use salimide thread?
Pamela P.
Posting As
A:
This thread replaces silk thread used in the production on fine men's clothing. To use: Break off the end of the cardboard envelope. Cut the exposed loop end of the skein and pull out 1 strand of thread at a time for hand sewing.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff

No Results

Overall rating
Write A Review
October 14, 2020
Good thread but too much in a pack

I do like the finish on this thread, the fact that it remains straight and smooth with no spool, and the precut pieces at an useful length. For the little I hand sew however, the packages are far too much in both quantity and price. 200m each would be more than enough for me, or a sample variety pack.

KAREN A.
Thank you for your review.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
January 10, 2021
Absolutely love!

I've been using this thread for a few years now at our college costume shop and decided to get some for myself at home. This is the best head sewing thread ever! it doesn't fray, it's easy to thread, and it's very durable. This is the only hand thread I use!

CIERA G.
Hi Ciera, thank you for taking the time to review this product.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
July 22, 2020
Its nice

Its nice but since the picture was not there I just had to trust what steel grey would look like. Its not quite the colour I wanted but it is what it is.

DORIS B.