{{badge.Name}}

Gutermann Mara 70 Poly Wrapped Poly Core Thread - Tex 40 - 765 yds. - #000

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/StockNumber")}} {{displayVariant.DisplayCode}}
$4.56 - $43.31
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/List")}} $5.30 - $49.22

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Sale")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.PurchasePrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Was")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.WasPrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/List")}} ${{displayVariant.Price.ListPrice | toDisplayFormat}}
{{displayVariant.PromotionalText}}

{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/Options")}}

{{displayVariant.InventoryStatus}} {{format(resource("/Shared/Label/EstimatedArrivalDate"),displayVariant.ShippingEstimate)}} {{format(resource("/Shared/Label/BackOrderedEstimatedArrivalDate"),displayVariant.ShippingEstimate)}} {{format(resource("/Shared/Label/DiscontinuedOutOfStockEstimatedArrivalDate"),displayVariant.ShippingEstimate)}}
{{errorMessage}}
{{resource("/ProductPage/Labels/VolumePricingHeader")}}
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Qty")}}
{{volumePrice.Quantity}}+ {{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Each")}}
{{volumePrice.Quantity}}+
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Price")}} ${{volumePrice.Price.Amount | toDisplayFormat}}
{{resource("/Shared/Label/QuantityTable/Save")}}
{{volumePrice.Save | toDisplayFormat}}%

{{format(resource('/ProductPage/Labels/SoldInIncrementOf'),displayVariant.SoldInIncrements)}}

{{format(resource("/ProductPage/Labels/MinimumOrderQuantity"),displayVariant.MinimumOrderQuantity)}}

GUTERMANN PROFESSIONAL THREAD PRODUCTS.

Gutermann Mara 70 is used to make perfect seams. Use on outerwear and visible seams like hand sewn buttonholes, gimps and ornamental seams. Constructed with micro core technology, has a fine cross section for smooth seams, has a silk like sheen, dust and lint free and is rub and abrasion resistant. Made from 100% polyester and has 7655 yards per spool. Available in a variety of colors. Please note: actual colors may vary from picture due to computer setting variances.

Features

• 100% polyester
  • Ideal for outerwear and visible seams
  • 7,655 yds. per spool
  • Tex 40

Product Specifications

Brand: Gutermann
Units: Each
Size / Dimension: 765 yds., TEX 40
Material: Polyester

Smooth Seams for Every Sewer With Gutermann Mara Thread

Gutermann Mara Thread is made of polyester that uses a Micro Core Technology which produces a satin-smooth finish with unparalleled consistency resulting less adjustments to tension controls. Guterman Mara Thread will produce even low lint stitches every time. This has made Mara thread a go-to thread for professionals and sewing enthusiasts alike. This 100% Polyester thread is truly versatile, ranging from weights light enough for overlock seams to heavy enough for stitching on leather. For help deciding which Gutermann Mara thread weight is best for your project, download our full Gutermann Thread Guide to decide which Gutermann thread works best for you.

VIEW thread GUIDE

Gutermann Thread Spools

Get to Know Gutermann Threads

Gutermann Threads are professional quality sewing threads for any project, from embroidery to upholstery and everything in between. Gutermann Mara Thread is the most wide ranging with tex weights from 13 all the way to 100. The Mara number doesn't match the tex, so be sure to check the product details for that information. If you're searching for the best all purpose thread, then look no further than our best-selling Gutermann Mara 100 Thread.

Which would be better for constructing bags on an industrial machine- Mara 30 or Mara 70?
JILLIAN B.
Posting As
Please Note: Your answer will be displayed upon approval.
A:
Either thread would work in an industrial machine. You would base the selection on the thickness of the fabric. Mara 30 would be best for topstitches.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Is Mara 70 comparable to Aurifil 40? (I realize one is Poly and one is Cotton.) I will be using this on vinyl and would like the stronger/durable thread.
Lorelei R.
Posting As
A:
The Aurifil 40 would be a tex 25 thread. The Mara 70 is a tex 40 and would be thicker. The Mara 70 thread is also constructed differently, and is a bit stronger than the Aurfil thread.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Can this thread be used for construction seams in jeans, bottomweights (side seams, hemming etc). Is it going to be a stronger seam than using a 100% poly all purpose thread?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Depending on the thickness of the denim, it could be used for constructing seams. If you are looking for top stitching thread, you may need something thicker. Review the "Thread Use" Chart under "additional information" to see which Gutermann thread is suitable for different applications.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
I'm curious. If Mara 100 is the same as the popular sew-all thread, why are their more colors available for Mara 70? Is Mara 70 used more in factories than Mara 100 used by people at home?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
We asked our contact your question. We were told that the Mara 70 is used on more of a global basis with designers from all over the world. The Mara 100 is a more manageable color range.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Can this thread be used on a Singer heavy duty or is only for industrial machines?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Hello, you can use this on home or industrial machines. Thanks for your question.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Hi!! What color will be closest to silver please. I need a neutral color. Thanks
DEYANIRA D.
Posting As
A:
Hello. The GTDP40 would be a good "silver" color. Thanks for checking.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Hi, I have a XM2701 Brothers domestic, what thread would you recommend for this particular machine? I make handbags and wallets, used vinyl, canvas and quilt cotton. Can 1 thread tex be used in topstitching and bobbin or do I need to different tex? Thanks in advance.
Margaret W.
Posting As
A:
Hello! We would generally recommend a poly covered or cotton covered poly core thread for strength. You would choose the thickness of the thread based on the material, project and style of stitch you are looking for. The tex 40 thread would be a good general purpose thread for the materials you are working with. You may want a higher tex for top stitching (something closer to a tex 60). You can use the same tex thickness in the needle and bobbin for topstitching. Thanks for your questions.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
I am trying to match Mara 70 colors to the Mara 100 colors I have. How do I do that. The numbers for the 100 are not the same as the 70
DIANE A.
Posting As
A:
Hello. Are these retail or industrial spools? If you have retail spools, they will not match the industrial numbers. We do have a retail to industrial color conversion chart listed under "additional information". The Mara 70 and Mara 100 color numbers should match up otherwise. Thanks for your question.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
I have always used Mettler 50 thread. All of the bag makers are recommending Mara 70. Is there a color chart for just the Mara 70 thread?
Rinda H.
Posting As
A:
Hello, we do carry a true read chart for those 700 colors. The part number is GTDCA700W. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
What is the best thread to use to make canvas handbags with a lining? The canvas is 10 and 12 ounce weight. Also what would be the best thread to topstitch this canvas?
JoAnne Z.
Posting As
A:
Hello and thanks for your question. We recommend a poly wrapped poly or a nylon thread that is at least a tex 70. For a topstitch thread you would go a little higher, to about a tex 100.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
I've been using the Mara 70 Tex 40 to sew vinyl bags. Is this the best weight for bags? Or should I be using the upholstery thread?
Lena G.
Posting As
A:
Thank you for your question. I would recommend using a Tex 60-80 thread like our Jean Thread (Stock #: JTD1/2 or JTD10/20).
Joseph D.
  • logologo Staff
Hi, would you be able to recommend what color would be most like an antique/faded gold? I am looking for something not quite as bright as the traditional gold topstitching on jeans.
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Hello! Yes, we think the color #5250 or #416 would be a nice muted gold option. Thanks for your question.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Can you tell the dimensions of the spool. I just ordered a bunch of thread and need to buy a new thread rack and didn't know if I need to buy the kind that has more space between pegs. Thank you
TAMARA H.
Posting As
A:
Hi Tamara, thank you for your question. They are 3" tall and 1" wide.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
I was wonder if I can use Mara 70, tex 40 in the bobbin of a Juki TL 18 QVP in order to have the same look for vinyl straps and handbags making! Thanks.
Cristiana L.
Posting As
A:
Hello. Yes, this thread should work perfectly for this use.
Joseph D.
  • logologo Staff
Can the mara 70 tex 40 thread be used on the Juke TL-2010q sewing machine for making bags?
Karen R.
Posting As
A:
Yes, it can.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
What size needle is best for this thread a 12/14 or 16? I sew on a domestic machine. Thank you
Christine S.
Posting As
A:
Size 14-16 needles are best for this thread.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Why don’t you carry all the thread listed in the Gütermann 700 Color Thread Chart?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
A lot of these colors are not stocked in the USA and would have to be brought in from Germany.
Staff
  • logologo Staff
Do you have any bundle deals on 100 different spools or anything like that?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
We only have a price break at 4+ on the Mara 70 thread at this time.
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Do you offer a color chart for Guterman thread ?
ACCENT ON W.
Posting As
A:
Yes, for this particular thread, you can purchase a "Real" Thread chart, Stock #: GTDCA700W.
Joseph D.
  • logologo Staff
What is the difference between the Mara 30, Mara 70 and Mara 120?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
The difference is the tex size (thickness of the thread).
Lisa P.
  • logologo Staff
Can you send me a Gütermann thread number conversion chart?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Yes, please contact us is you are looking for a retail color number to industrial color number chart.
Staff
  • logologo Staff
Is the Gütermann Mara 70 thread a 3 ply thread? And do you know if it it’s left twist or right twist.
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
Per the manufacturer, it is a 3 ply thread. Also, they use a new technology that virtually eliminates any problems associated with twist.
Staff
  • logologo Staff
What would be the best way to handle thread that is knotting when used in a sewing machine?
Anonymous
Posting As
A:
It is recommended to switch to a thinner thread or use a larger needle.
Staff
  • logologo Staff

No Results

BE THE FIRST TO LEAVE A REVIEW